Last Thursday was an unforgettable night for us, and hopefully for many of our friends and colleagues. We spent the evening among excellent company, singing, dancing and imbibing. And for what? Our hope was to raise awareness and funds for six organizations that are fostering the next generation of tech talent in the city and we can honestly say, beyond a doubt, Chicago Tech Rocks was a rocking success!
Chicago Tech by the numbers
- 1 raffle winner (announcement on the website)
- 2 presenting sponsors: Synap & The CLA
- 2 media partners: ChicagoInno & Tech.Co
- 3 opening acts: Goodnight Criminals, The Daytonics & The Locals
- 1 headliner: TWIN PEAKS!
- 6 beneficiary organizations: Black Tech Mecca, Genesys Works Chicago, i.c. stars, Lumity, Project Infinite Green, YearUp Chicago
- 10 corporate sponsors: SAP Fieldglass, Silicon Valley Bank, Signal, MB Real Estate, kCura, Trading Technologies, Zekelman Industries, Perfect Cut Productions, Centro, TechNexus
- 500+ tickets sold
- $125,000+ raised
Between meeting the students and alumni from our beneficiary organizations and getting crazy on the dance floor when Twin Peaks came on, the night was better than anything we could have dreamt it to be. It would be an impossible task to adequately thank everyone who made the event possible, whether it be through sponsorships, volunteering their time and expertise, buying event and raffle tickets or helping to promote Chicago Tech Rocks. But, from the bottom of our hearts, we are eternally grateful for all the support. And, we can't wait for next year when we’ll be a ball of excitement, once again!
If you or your company want to get involved in 2017, shoot us an email.
And, before we forget, we’d love to get your thoughts on what we could do to improve and enhance CTR. Please take a few minutes to complete this 9 question survey. It will only take three minutes and two people will win two tickets to next year's event or $50 in Starbucks gift cards.